Alisma Extract Rhizoma Extraction source
Alisma orientalis (Sam.) juzep is a dry tuber of Alisma orientalis (Sam.) juzep. It is also called mangyu, HeXie, Jixie, swan egg and Ruyi flower. Mainly produced in Fujian, Sichuan, Jiangxi and other places. Alisma orientalis is a perennial aquatic herb with a height of 50-100cm. With underground bulbous tubers, brown outer skin, dense many fibrous roots.
All leaves are basal, elliptic to ovate, apex acute or short, base broadly cuneate, round or slightly cordate, entire, both sides glossy glabrous, long petiole, 5-7 veins. The stem of the flower grows from the foliage, the scape is erect, the flower is umbelliform, the inflorescence usually has 3-5 rings of branches, the flower is white, the bracts are lanceolate to linear, sharp; the sepals are 3, green, broadly ovate; the petals are 3, white, obovate; the stamens are 6; the pistils are many. Achene, flat, obovate, 1.5-2 mm long, 1 mm wide, brown. In winter, when the stems and leaves wither, they should be dug to remove the stems, leaves and fibrous roots, washed, peeled or put into the bamboo basket to knock off the coarse skin, and dried. This information is edited by Jia Jie of chemicalbook.
Alisma Extract Rhizoma Functions
2. Prevents fatty liver;
3. Induces interferon;
4. Anti-tumor and anti-allergic;
5. Hypoglycemic and hypotensive;
6. Lowers blood lipids: total cholesterol, inhibits hardening of the main artery;
7. Anti-pyretic (lowering fever) and anti-bacterial (inhibits Mycobacterium tuberculosis);
8. Galactagogue (promote milk secretion).
Alisma Extract Rhizoma Applications
1. Applied in Medicine and health products.
2. Applied in the pharmaceutical field.
3. Medicine and health products, beverages and food additives.
4. Applied in cosmetic field, it is also referred to as wash hair products, with the function of germinal hair play.
Alisma Extract Rhizoma pharmacological action
1. Hypolipidemic effect. Rhizoma alismatis extract, alcohol extract and alcohol extract have preventive and therapeutic effects on experimental hyperlipidemia in rabbits. It can prevent and inhibit the formation of total experimental atherosclerotic plaque of aorta and alleviate its development. Alisma orientalis can reduce the amount of lipid in aorta, especially the amount of cholesterol. The fat soluble part of Rhizoma alismatis injected intraperitoneally can clear the plasma lipid of rats with hyperlipidemia induced by oral cottonseed oil, and has obvious cholesterol lowering and anti atherosclerotic effects on experimental hypercholesterolemia. ALISOL A and acetate of a, B and C were the effective components of the drug, especially Alisol a acetate. Alisol a can inhibit the absorption of cholesterol in rat small intestine and the ability of esterifying cholesterol in mouse small intestine.
2. Liver protection and anti fatty liver effects Alisma orientalis extract can reduce the fat content in the liver of rabbits fed with cholesterol and high fat. Choline, lecithin, amino acids and benzene acetone soluble part t in the extract have anti fatty liver effects. It can protect the acute liver injury caused by carbon tetrachloride, inhibit the accumulation of fat in the liver, and inhibit the decrease of phospholipid in plasma and liver Good at liver pigment excretion. Alisma orientalis can significantly reduce the contents of total cholesterol, cholesteryl ester, triglyceride and total ester in liver of experimental hyperlipidemia animal model. Alisma orientalis can reduce Lee index, fat index around uterus and testis and triglyceride content in serum of experimental obese rats. The mechanism may be that it affects enzymes related to cholesterol metabolism and inhibits triglyceride synthesis in liver.
3. Diuretic effect the extract of Alisma orientalis has diuretic effect on human and animal. It can increase the excretion of sodium, chlorine, potassium and urea in urine. Intraperitoneal injection of Rhizoma alismatis fluid extract can reduce the retention of urea and cholesterol in blood of nitroglycerin induced nephritis rabbits. The content of potassium in Alisma orientalis is 147.5mg%, which can significantly increase the excretion of urinary potassium in adrenalectomized rats. The ethanol extract of Alisma orientalis inhibited the activities of Na +, K + – ATPase in kidney in a dose-dependent manner.
4. Effect on cardiovascular system. Rhizoma alismatis extract has mild hypotensive effect when injected intravenously to dogs or rabbits. In vitro, it had a slow relaxation effect on the contraction of isolated rabbit aortic strips induced by epinephrine. The ethanol extract of Alisma orientalis had significant coronary artery dilation effect on isolated rabbit heart, had no antagonism to pituitrin induced myocardial ischemia, and slightly inhibited myocardial contractility. Alisol orally or intraperitoneally has sustained and moderate antihypertensive effect on DOCA type hypertension, renal type hypertension and essential hypertension rat models. Alisma orientalis has obvious inhibition on platelet aggregation, which can be significantly enhanced when used together with hawthorn.
5. Effect on immune system. Rhizoma alismatis decoction can significantly inhibit the clearance rate of carbon particles and contact dermatitis induced by DNCB in mice, but has no significant effect on IgG content and delayed type foot pad swelling induced by SRBC in mice. Alismatin extracted from Alisma orientalis has a selective effect on the aggregation of human red blood cells and mouse spleen lymphocytes and the migration of macrophages. Human and guinea pig red blood cells can be condensed by alismatin without blood group specificity. The aggregation of mouse spleen lymphocytes is similar to ConA, but slightly stronger than PHA.
6. Anti inflammatory effect Rhizoma alismatis decoction can significantly reduce the auricle swelling induced by xylene in mice, inhibit the proliferation of cotton ball granulation tissue in rats, but has no significant effect on the content of serum antibody and the content of ascorbic acid in adrenal gland of rats.
7. The study on the ability of scavenging free radicals showed that n-butanol extract, ethyl acetate extract and water extract of Alisma orientalis had strong scavenging ability on free radicals.
8. Anti kidney stone formation. The methanol hot extract of Alisma orientalis 200 mg / kg per day for 20 days can inhibit urinary protein excretion, glomerular cell infiltration, renal tubular degeneration and regeneration, and inhibit the occurrence of various complications in IC nephritis rats, indicating that Alisma orientalis has significant anti nephritis activity.
9. Other effects Rhizoma alismatis extract has a slight hypoglycemic effect when injected subcutaneously into rabbits. Rhizoma alismatis decoction can antagonize the spasm of rabbit muscle induced by acetylcholine, moderately increase the coronary flow of rabbit heart and relax the smooth muscle of isolated rabbit thoracic aorta, and slightly inhibit the contractility of myocardium.